Magic lantern for Canon 7D finally here!
Yes, after months waiting the little brother of the Magic Lantern for Canon 5D, here it is finally the one for Canon 7D. It is still an early alpha version, so here are a few things you should know:
- it was primarily tested on one 7D, and a few days on three other 7D’s;
- during those tests they were taken 1000 photos and gigabytes of videos;
- there were no crashes or strange behaviors during the tests;
- this release will not alter any data in your camera’s permanent memory;
- this release will not directly alter any so-called “properties” (persistent camera settings);
- this means, some functions like HDR photos, HDR videos, bulb ramping etc will not work yet;
- it is not a firmware upgrade, despite the camera saying “Firmware update program”;
- all features that are not yet working perfectly have been disabled;
- please don’t beg for adding feature XYZ, it will be added as soon as it works without issues.
If you want to check its functionalities and key features click here.